Children thrive on music. It’s one of the best vehicles for learning in early childhood development. Kindermusik takes musical learning to the next level; our curriculum is proven to improve a child’s brain development. And for parents, it’s a fun thing to do with kids!
Psychologists, neuroscientists, and experts in early childhood development have demonstrated that music does more for children than bring them joy; it helps their brain cells make the connections needed for virtually every kind of intelligence. The following research is the bedrock of Kindermusik’s curriculum.
When young children are consistently engaged by music in an age-appropriate, socially accepting environment, they benefit at many levels:
- Reading. They gain the phonological processing, spoken language, and comprehension skills that are the foundation of reading.
- Quantitative. They build the spatial-temporal and reasoning skills required for math, science, and engineering.
- Social. They develop social and emotional skills that are essential for school readiness—like the ability to regulate their responses and relate to others in complex ways.
- Physical. By moving and dancing to music and playing simple instruments, children improve their gross and fine motor skills.
- Creative. Activities that encourage freedom within a fun and friendly structure spark their creativity.
- And of course, they develop a lifelong love of music.